Howdy wardens! We’ve been beavering away, as usual, working on some improvements and fixes for Prison Architect following the Escape Mode update. These include some functionality changes as well as addressing common crashes. Massive thanks to our gaming community who have reported bugs through our Support Portal, users on Twitter and the fantastic players over at r/PrisonArchitect. Changes listed affect all three platforms unless stated.
Console Patches for Prison Architect releasing over the next 24 hours for PlayStation 4 (version number 1.09) and Xbox One (version number 220.127.116.11) with Nintendo Switch (version number 1.03) following shortly.
Escape Mode DLC Updates:
- Armories set as “Shared” areas in Architect Mode will automatically be set to “Staff” in Escape Mode.
- Fixed an issue where the camera would get stuck following a crew member.
- Improved performance, particularly on ‘The Farm’ map.
- Fixed an issue in Escape Mode where the player could be stuck in the Infirmary being shot by the Military and healed by the doctors.
- Victims are no longer cleared at the end of the game, but rather at the start of a new game, allowing you to see the correct number of victims (and consequently the correct score).
- The ‘Cursor Zoom’ setting has been removed from the Escape Mode options (it didn’t work in that mode anyway).
- Fixed an issue where playing more than one map per boot would impact performance.
- Prevented games from becoming unplayable if the player shuts off a power supply and then becomes unconscious.
- Mobile Phones can now be stashed outside of missions for ‘The Boss’.
- Fires no longer destroys pipes and electrical cables.
Base Game Updates:
- Fixed a crash which would occur when selecting the Catering option in the Logistics menu.
- Prevented a crash that would occasionally happen when placing serving tables.
- Stopped a hang from occurring when moving a large number of guards at the same time.
- Fixed a crash caused by having your money deducted.
- It is now possible to overlap quick rooms. (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One only)
- Busted the pesky ghosts that were taking control of trucks and driving off without the driver.
- Dismantle Object now is at end of object list.
- Classy window no longer contains duplicate ‘- $’ in the construction hint.
- Vehicles could get trapped outside of the map and were stuck in a processing state, spamming invalid jobs into the job system and causing workers to try to pick them up, which they would fail indefinitely.