Strictly no agencies
This is a full time position based in Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur.
Applications close 28th February 2020.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Joining the team to help grow and develop our animation department
- Be responsible for creating a wide range of animations ranging from heavily stylised to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and Realtime motion.
- Working with highly experienced team members across studios and learn all the latest techniques that will push you to the next level
If so, you may be interested in becoming a 3D Animator at Double Eleven Malaysia.
We are fundamentally different in the way that we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
- Create high-quality character, creature and environmental animations.
- Work with the Leads and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure the animations work as intended in the game.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Work with both keyframe and motion capture data.
- Creating 3D Animations in a broad range of styles
- Create character rigs and skinning
- Contribute to the conceptualisation of character behaviours and abilities
- Help to design and implement gameplay features in collaboration with programmers and designers in-engine
- Working to game animation production schedules and meet deadlines
- Manage your own workload and report to the Art leads
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong keyframe animation skills.
- Strong character, creature and mechanical animation skills.
- knowledge of: 3D Max, Maya, or equivalent 3D program, (Maya preferred)
- Experience working with motion capture data and Motion Builder
- Experience in games development, preferably with a shipped title under your belt.
- An eye for animation principals and detail, helping to bring smooth, dynamic and reactive animations to our game
- Character rigging and skinning knowledge
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to confidently take on feedback from your peers in order to develop yourself as an animator.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing effective collaboration with a wide variety of project staff.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Comfortable working quickly within an agile development environment
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- A showreel that demonstrates a combination of strong quadruped and creature work as well as strong biped work
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Strong Knowledge of game engines (Unity /Unreal).
- Scripting / blueprints
- Experience with Motion Builder
- Degree level / HND or art-related qualification
- An animation showreel that demonstrates a strong understanding of animation principals and character acting
- 3+ year industry experience
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses
- Awesome office facilities
- On site parking
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with head office located in Middlesbrough and other studios in Kuala Lumpur and Birmingham. Current studio projects include Minecraft Dungeons (2020), Rust Console (2020) and Prison Architect (PC & Console). As an independent publisher, Double Eleven have focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch) and Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.