Strictly No Agencies
This is a full-time position. Applications close 31st March.
Double Eleven is a UK-based, full-service publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment. Winner of the Gamesindustry.biz Best Places to Work in the UK 2018. Some
of Double Eleven’s most popular titles include the PixelJunk series (PC), Goat Simulator (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4) and most recently working on the Xbox One, PS4 and Xbox 360 Editions of the critically acclaimed Prison Architect.
- 3D Animator
- Location – Middlesbrough studio
- The position is full-time
We are pleased to announce we are looking for a 3D Animator to join our highly experienced and talented team here at Double Eleven Ltd. You should have an outstanding fundamental knowledge of the games animation pipeline with a deep understanding of modern-day techniques and tools and have excellent creative and animation skills. Your passion for animation will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we require in all our games.
We are looking for experienced animators who understand game production and have a genuine interest in game development. You will be working in our animation team to create believable high-quality character animations working closely under the guidance of the Art Leads to achieve a consistent level of quality and ensure that each animation has the right
energy and mood to it.
You will be joining the team at a crucial time for the studio as we grow and develop our animation pipeline, which will offer a great career opportunity for the right candidate; you will be responsible for creating a wide range of animations ranging from heavily stylized to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and real-time motion.
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development plan
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- Additional leave for birthdays and moving to a new house
- Christmas bonuses
- Amazing office facilities; VR / 4k Cinema room, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Create high-quality character, creature and environmental animations
- Work with the Art Leads and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure the animations work as intended in-game
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Work with both keyframe and motion capture data
- Creating 3D Animations in a broad range of styles
- Create character rigs and skinning
- Contribute to the conceptualisation of character behaviours and abilities
- Help to design and implement gameplay features in collaboration with programmers and designers in-engine
- Working to game animation production schedules and to deadlines
- Manage your own workload and report to the Art leads
Key skills required:
- Strong keyframe animation skills
- Strong character, creature and mechanical animation skills
- Advanced knowledge of 3D Max, Maya, or equivalent 3D program, (Maya preferred)
- Experience working with motion capture data and Motion Builder
- Experience in games development, preferably with a shipped title under your belt
- An eye for animation principles and detail, helping to bring smooth, dynamic and reactive animations to our games
- Character rigging and skinning knowledge
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to confidently take on feedback from your peers in order to develop yourself as an animator
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing effective collaboration with a wide variety of project staff
- Strong organisational, problem-solving and time management skills
- Comfortable working quickly within an agile development environment
Skills or interests considered a bonus
- A showreel that demonstrates a combination of strong quadruped and creature work as well as strong biped work
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Strong Knowledge of game engines (Unity /Unreal).
- Scripting / blueprints
- Experience with Motion Builder
- Degree level / HND or art-related qualification
- An animation showreel that demonstrates a strong understanding of animation principles and character acting
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.