Strictly no agencies
This is a full-time position based in Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur. All seniorities will be considered.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Helping create beautiful games.
- Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and art styles.
- Experience delivering projects on current and next-gen consoles.
- Being part of a full end-to-end development cycle.
- Working with experienced teams in the industry.
If so, you may be interested in becoming a 3D Artist at Double Eleven, Malaysia.
We are looking for experienced and highly skilled individuals. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
- Model and texture a diverse range of 3D game assets, including environments, buildings, props, vehicles, characters, etc.
- Perform supporting tasks required to produce game assets, such as LOD creation, collision boxes, lighting, and optimizations.
- Must be a team player, willing to both share and absorb knowledge and be able to consistently meet project deadlines/milestones.
- Collaborate effectively with team members at all levels.
- Must be proactive about improving/developing skills.
- Must be able to work in and follow artistic direction consistent with brand visual styles.
- Must be trustworthy and operate at a high level of integrity, team spirit and drive.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Self-motivated with a positive mental attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the Art team.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
- Create game art that is both visually and technically high quality.
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently.
- Strong expertise in at least one major 3D package (3DS Max, Maya or equivalent).
- Solid understanding of Art fundamentals – Color Theory, Form, Proportion, Composition, etc
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Knowledge and experience in art pipelines for games highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Game Production Processes and tools.
- Experience in various Art tools and workflow (PBR workflow, etc).
- Experience in Visual Design or UI or Particle FX.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge and interest in the game industry.
- All relevant qualifications considered.
- Portfolio, Resume and Cover Letter required.
- Passion for games and sense of humour required.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses
- Awesome office facilities
- On site parking
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with head office located in Middlesbrough and other studios in Kuala Lumpur and Birmingham. Current studio projects include Minecraft Dungeons (2020), Rust Console (2020) and Prison Architect (PC & Console). As an independent publisher, Double Eleven have focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch) and Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role.