Strictly no agencies
This is a full time position based in Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur.
Applications close 28th February 2020.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- A chance to work on a wide variety of projects and styles in a dynamic and exciting work environment
- Working closely within a team to really make a difference and deliver amazing creative content
- Work on amazing games and help grow the Art department and company
If so, you may be interested in becoming a 3D Animator at Double Eleven Malaysia.
We are fundamentally different in the way that we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
- Model and texture a wide variety of 3D game assets, including environments, buildings, props, vehicles, characters, etc
- Perform supporting tasks required to produce game assets, such as optimization, LOD creation, collision creation, lighting, and optimisations
- Must be a team player and be able to consistently meet project deadlines/milestones
- Collaborate effectively with peers, senior artists, leads, and clients
- Must be proactive about improving/developing artistic skills
- Must be able to work in an artistic style consistent with visual styles defined by the concept artist
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Exceptional 3D Modelling and Texture creation skills
- Experience with: 3DMax, Maya, or equivalent, (Maya preferred)
- Experienced with Photoshop
- Experience on multiple games and ability to work across varied art styles.
- Experience with popular game engines, preferably Unity / Unreal.
- Experience with shaders and real-time rendering pipelines.
- PBR workflow experience (Substance Painter / Designer)
- Other visual art skills, e.g. illustration, graphic design, VFX
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing effective collaboration with teams
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and time management skills
- Strong observation and research skills
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of the video game development processes
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Unreal / Unity experience / Blueprints
- Animation knowledge
- Zbrush or other sculpting software experience
- Shader creation (Substance designer/shader forge etc)
- A portfolio that demonstrates a potential to meet the industry standard level of art
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses
- Awesome office facilities
- On site parking
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with head office located in Middlesbrough and other studios in Kuala Lumpur and Birmingham. Current studio projects include Minecraft Dungeons (2020), Rust Console (2020) and Prison Architect (PC & Console). As an independent publisher, Double Eleven have focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch) and Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.