Strictly no agencies
This is a full time positions based in the Middlesbrough office. Applications close 8th September 2019.
We are always keen to receive expressions of interest for this position and we will review all applications as and when we receive them.
Would you enjoy
- Playing a key role in the creation of beautiful games art
- Joining a company in a creative capacity
- Shaping the way we grow our business and become better at what we do
- Working with a team that has a great reputation in the industry, only works on projects where it can do a great job and continues to grow
If so, you may be interested in becoming a 3D Artist at Double Eleven. We are fundamentally different in the way we work and from what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it is paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
We are looking for a junior to intermediate level artist to fill this challenging but very rewarding role. This role will offer the artist a chance to work on a wide variety of projects and styles in a dynamic and exciting work environment, working closely with team members from code, design and publishing to really make a difference and deliver amazing creative content.
Expectations are very high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Model and texture a wide variety of 3D game assets, including environments, buildings, props, vehicles, characters, etc.
- Perform supporting tasks required to produce game assets, such as optimization, LOD creation, collision creation, lighting, and optimisations
- Must be a team player and be able to consistently meet project deadlines/milestones
- Collaborate effectively with peers, senior artists, leads, and clients
- Must be proactive about improving/developing artistic skills
- Must be able to work in an artistic style consistent with visual styles defined by the concept artist
Key Skills required
- Exceptional 3D modelling and texture creation skills
- Experience with 3DMax, Maya, or equivalent, (Maya preferred)
- Experienced with Photoshop
- Experience working on varied art styles
- Experience with popular game engines, preferably Unity / Unreal
- Experience with shaders and real-time rendering pipelines
- PBR workflow experience (Substance Painter / Designer)
- Other visual art skills, e.g. illustration, graphic design, VFX
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing effective collaboration with teams
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Good communication skills in English (both oral and written)
- Strong observation and research skills
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of the video game development processes
Skills considered a bonus
- Unreal / Unity experience / Blueprints
- Animation knowledge
- ZBrush or other sculpting software experience
- Shader creation (Substance Designer)
- Degree level / HND or art-related qualification
- A portfolio that demonstrates the potential to meet the industry-standard level of art
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio)
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Birmingham. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) and most recently Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.