Howdy Rocket Soldiers!
We’ve got a little treat for you in the form of a new Super Cloudbuilt update. We’ve created some fancy new skins for you to unlock, including a set which transform Demi’s jetpack into a rocket-limbed teddy bear (and seriously, isn’t that what you’ve always wanted?).
As well as these funky unlockables, we’ve added a bunch of tweaks and fixes, some of which came from our awesome community on the Steam Public Test Branch. You can read the console patch notes below and find the Steam patch notes here.
THE WARDROBE UPDATE IS HERE!
The latest update for Super Cloudbuilt has just gone live and it’s brought with it a whole bunch of extra outfits for Demi as well as some big changes to the energy system!
NEW WARDROBE OPTIONS
There are a total of 16 new outfits in the game which you can unlock by doing things like completing certain levels, taking on challenges, collecting items, improving your Cloud Rank or by completing Rush Packs.
The outfits are all brand new and feature items like boarder jackets, goggles, eye patches, razor sharp fringes and even… rocket powered teddy bears!?
RECHARGING THE ENERGY SYSTEM
The changes to the energy system came about because we love watching our community tearing through levels but hate it when you have to come to a complete stop while you wait for your energy to recharge.
Now once your energy has started recharging, it will continue to recharge as long as you don’t try to spend any energy, this means that you can jump from platform to platform or wallrun without pausing the energy regeneration.
We think this change makes the whole game feel more fluid and opens up new exciting techniques, we’re excited to see how it could impacts the leaderboards!
LOTS OF TWEAKS & BUG FIXES
As well as the above, the following tweaks and bug fixes have been uploaded in the latest build:
- More robust save checks to protect against information loss in rare cases.
- Fixed numerous issues with the collectable keys and item lockers.
- Fixed a bug that capped the use of Extra Life / Checkpoint Packs to 3 per level.
- Fix for an infinite lives exploit.
- Improved German translation.
- Improvements to the ‘New Information’ lights on the Instruction Terminals.
- Various improvements to the Ranked Mode menu, such as remembering the last challenge you attempted when returning from a challenge.
- Various improvements to the Outfits menu, such as highlighting the currently equipped Outfit when entering.
- Improved Demi animations on the Outfit menu.
- Improvements to the Challenge Completion screen, including more satisfying S-Rank awards and the ability to speed up the whole animation.
- Camera improvements, particularly when close to ceilings.
- Drop Mine improvements.
- Improved UI Feedback when you try to place a Checkpoint while not carrying any.
- A minor tweak to the Gun Hunter AI.
- Various Achievement fixes: The Dead Baron, Ruthless, Quick On Your Feet and An Inner Journey.
- Various fixes for Outfit unlocks.
- Restarting a challenge mode now resets your deployable checkpoints to 1.
- Various improvements to the Hint Strings in the tutorial levels.
- Fixed a bug with the ending area of Beacon Challenges.
- Improved messaging when picking up the Fog Core item in the Another Way level.
- Wall spikes will no longer kill you during Fragile challenges.
- Fixes and improvements for the Super Weapon item.
- Improvements to the level flow of the Initial Entry level.
- Various collision tweaks in the Initial Entry level.
- Removed an unintended shortcut in the Reflection level.
- Extended the total dissipation and resistor field section in Reflections to help new players.
- Made it impossible to use powerup items in the ending areas of the levels, meaning new players are less likely to waste powerups right as they get them.
- Fixed a rare bug with the energy recharge in Supercharge challenges.
- Fixed an audio bug with the dash charging SFX.
- Various improvements to the Inventory screens.
- Improved the signs and feedback in the Items menu for items that can be unequipped.
- Fixed some VO that wasn’t being triggered in the Initial Entry.
- Improved the challenge tutorials with some hint strings which pause the game allowing players to read and understand what is being taught.
- Extended the pathfinder challenge tutorial to ensure player learn the rules better.
- Visual improvements to the Another Way level.
- Improvements to the instruction terminals in the hospital.
- Fixed a bug with a frame perfect input that could be missed in a very rare case.
- Fixes for the Arachtoids reset behaviour on respawns
- Boosted the pickup radius of the Beacons in beacon challenges to make them a bit easier to collect.
- The small Arachtoids have changed their style too and are now sporting a new yellow paintjob.
- There has been a tweak to how vertical wallruns interact with 90 degree corners to make it a bit more stable.
- There has been some tweaks to some of the hints and when they trigger.
- Improved the sound ducking on a few VO lines in the Initial Entry.
- Fixed a bug with the Inventory UI where the controller input could sometimes could get locked after having an item selected that was used.
- There are now a few more places where hints can be shown outside the tutorial.
- When the player is in a Resistor Field the drain VFX that were previously only the floor are now applied to the jetpack to make it clearer when you are affected by it.
- The buggy smoke pillar VFX from the small drones is now fixed.
- There have been a few tweaks to high speed wall impacts, as it could feel quite underwhelming at times and not representing the force that was displaced.
- The Pulse Core path lines are now visible!
- Improved the input buffering in certain situations.
- Improved a few edge interactions in the Regrowth level.
- Hints about shooting something will now be hidden when they are not relevant anymore.
- A few lines in the tutorial area can now be interrupted by playing journal entries.
- Added additional green shields in the early levels to encourage the use of the Burst Shot.
- Fixed a few camera based bugs.
- Added some guidelines to certain walls to help new players judge where they should be jumping to and from.
- Various improvements to the hints display.
- Various level design improvements in Mistakes to avoid players getting lost.
- Made it so that the ‘Place Checkpoint’ hint in the Initial Entry pauses the game if they are struggling so we can ensure new players read it.
- Various fixes to the Outfit menu UI.
- Improved time formatting in the leaderboards.
- Improved the shielding of some Sniper turrets.
- Fixed a low frequency bug which could sometimes effect Air Dashes.
- …and maybe a few other things
We would like to once again say thank you to our awesome community who helped us find these bugs and get them fixed and tested.
Good luck unlocking the new outfits and mastering the new energy mechanics everyone!
Thank you for your continued support!