Strictly No Agencies
This is a full-time position. Applications close March 31st
Double Eleven is a UK-based, full-service publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment. Winner of the Gamesindustry.biz Best Places to Work in the UK 2018. Some
of Double Eleven’s most popular titles include the PixelJunk series (PC), Goat Simulator (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4) and most recently working on the Xbox One, PS4 and Xbox 360 Editions of the critically acclaimed Prison Architect.
- 3D Environment artist
- Location – Middlesbrough studio
- The position is full-time
We are pleased to announce we are looking for a talented 3D Environment artist to join our highly experienced team here at Double Eleven. The successful applicant will have an outstanding fundamental knowledge of the games development pipeline with a deep understanding of modern-day techniques and software and have excellent creative and visual skills.
You would be responsible for creating industry-leading environment art with the capabilities to work in a wide range of styles – preferably with extensive experience working as an environment artist within the games industry. A solid grounding in traditional arts, as well as a technical mindset and a keen eye for detail, is also preferred.
The ability to take concept art and turn it into fully realized and believable worlds the players would want to explore. You will need to have a strong understanding of lighting, atmospheric effects and environmental storytelling, both from a technical and artistic point of view. We are looking for someone willing to help us push fidelity and creativity to deliver
impactful content and help grow the company.
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development plan
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- Additional leave for birthdays and moving to a new house
- Christmas bonuses
- Amazing office facilities; VR / 4k Cinema room, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Model and texture a wide variety of 3D game assets, including environments, buildings, props, vehicles, characters, etc.
- Perform supporting tasks required to produce game assets, such as optimization, LOD creation, collision creation, lighting, and optimisations
- Must be a team player and be able to consistently meet project deadlines/milestones
- Collaborate effectively with peers, senior artists, leads, and clients
- Must be proactive about improving/developing artistic skills
- Must be able to work in an artistic style consistent with visual styles defined by the
Key skills required:
- Exceptional 3D Modelling and Texturing creation skills
- Advanced knowledge of 3DMax, Maya, or equivalent, (Maya preferred)
- Experience on multiple games and ability to work across varied art styles
- Experience with popular game engines, preferably Unity / Unreal
- Experience with shaders and real-time rendering pipelines
- PBR workflow experience (Substance Painter / Designer)
- Other visual art skills, e.g. illustration, graphic design, particle effects…
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing effective collaboration with teams
- Strong organisational, problem-solving and time management skills
- Good communication skills in English (both oral and written)
- Strong observation and research skills
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of the video game development processes
- Comfortable working quickly within an agile development environment
- Good time management skills and ability to work closely to deadlines
Skills or interests considered a bonus
- Unreal / Unity experience
- Animation knowledge
- 2D vector graphics experience
- Zbrush or other sculpting software experience
- Degree level / HND or art-related qualification
- A portfolio that demonstrates the potential to meet the industry standard level of art.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.