Strictly No Agencies
These are full time positions. Closing date of March 31st 2019.
Would you enjoy
- Helping to create beautiful games.
- Working on our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases.
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interests in games into practice.
- Joining a development team with over 10 years of average experience that has remained unchanged for the past 4 years.
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Programmer at Double Eleven!
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and from what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
We are looking for experienced and/or highly skilled individuals. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Work within an established team to tackle a wide variety of coding tasks, including graphics rendering pipelines, physics, networking, gameplay, UI, AI and optimization.
- Work closely with other departments to create or improve art asset creation and workflow.
- Sharing of knowledge with other members of the programming team.
- The ability to work with more established graphics engines and update them regarding the use of modern rendering techniques.
- Work as part of a small but perfectly formed close-knit team, where your opinion and efforts really count.
Key skills required:
- Enthusiasm for programming, technologies and methods and a desire to keep up to date.
- Expert knowledge of the development process and the tools used.
- Excellent C/C++ programming knowledge.
- Excellent maths skills.
- An interest in games.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Four or more years of industry experience.
- At least one shipped console or PC title.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of at least one core discipline (Graphics, Physics, Networking, Gameplay/AI).
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
Skills or interests considered a bonus:
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as Unity, UE4.
- Knowledge and experience of the Universal Windows Platform.
- Knowledge in a variety of special FX techniques.
- Knowledge of graphics pipelines and hardware.
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as C#, LUA, Python etc.
- All relevant qualifications considered
Working at Double Eleven
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
Flexible working hours
The potential for remote working (dependent on experience)
Personal development plan
Vitality Private Healthcare
Christmas bonuses, and early finish for Christmas!
Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room
Regular team lunches and title launch parties
Additional leave for moving house
Cycle purchase scheme
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.
What We Do
Formed in 2009, we are a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment. Our most popular titles include PixelJunk series (PC), Goat Simulator (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4) and most recently the critically acclaimed Prison Architect Xbox, PS4 and Xbox 360 Editions.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.