This is a full time, fixed term student placement position based in Middlesbrough
Strictly no agencies
Closing date 31st May 2019
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious individual for a 12 month placement opportunity at Double Eleven. We are keen to hear from University students currently studying Computer Science or a related degree. You will be given the opportunity to work with and learn from industry veterans to help push your skills to the next level.
This is a workplace learning opportunity, geared towards gap year students.
Would you enjoy?
- Helping to create beautiful games.
- Working on our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases.
- Putting your keen interest in games into practice within a work environment. Joining a development team with over ten years of average experience, and a staff compliment that has remained unchanged for 4 years.
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Games Programmer at Double Eleven.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out-of-hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed. This role requires you to be highly skilled, not necessarily highly experienced. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry and we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Our games developer placements involve working on real game code: you’ll be helping to port top PC releases to PS4, XB1, Nintendo Switch, and mobile.
- You’ll also help to develop our in-house tools and support the overall development process.
- You’ll be working on the same projects as our experienced developers, and will work directly with them, gaining valuable experience in the whole game development cycle.
- This will include bug tracking and working with a QA team.
Skills and Knowledge
- Currently studying Computer Science or a related degree.
- Enthusiasm for programming, technologies and methods and a desire to keep up to date.
- C/C++ programming knowledge.
- Keen eye for detail.
Skills or interests considered a bonus
- Excellent maths skills.
- An interest in games.
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs such as Direct3D, OpenGL.
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as Unity, UE4.
- Some knowledge of profiling, optimisation techniques, multithreaded programming, and Universal Windows Platform.
We like to see students who’ve gone beyond the requirements of their course: we’re happy to look at examples of your own projects and code, so feel free to include them with your application.
Double Eleven is a UK-based, full-service publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment and winner of the “Gamesindustry.biz Best Places to Work UK” 2017 & 2018.
Some of Double Eleven’s most popular titles include Limbo, Goat Simulator, Little Big Planet, Crackdown 3, and Prison Architect.
Benefits of working here
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Christmas bonuses.
- 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- Additional leave for birthdays and moving house.
- Amazing office facilities; VR / 4k Cinema room, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room.
Please email [email protected], including a copy of your CV and setting out how you believe that you are suited for the role. Please entitle your email “Games Programmer – Placement Position”.