Time to step up your boom and stop crime as a super-powered Agent in Crackdown 3’s open-world sandbox of mayhem and destruction. Explore the heights of New Providence, tear up the streets in iconic vehicles, and use your powerful abilities to stop a ruthless criminal empire. Play the campaign solo or with a friend in co-op mode or compete in the all-new “Wrecking Zone”, a multiplayer mode where destruction is your ultimate weapon.
What We Did
Double Eleven were approached by Microsoft to support the co-development of Crackdown 3. After joining the project, we became responsible for the development of the Windows 10 Store versions of both Crackdown 3’s Campaign and Wrecking Zone online PVP modes. On top of the core development work, implementing of the core Windows 10 systems and ensuring the game was certification compliant, we were able to delivery a player-first experience, implementing features that we believed the PC community would appreciate.
While the work we did with Crackdown 3 was wide and covered a variety of disciplines, here are some of our key accomplishments with the project:
- We ensured we were supporting as wide a range of PC setups as possible without sacrificing quality and the feel of a premium experience
- We provided as many graphics options as possible to give PC players full control
- We designed a detailed and highly-readable performance display so that players could benchmark their own PC performance
- We implemented full display scalability, so that all elements of the UI and HUD would fit to any resolution, regardless of window size and shape
- Worked on HDR for PC, giving players the power to customise it with additional adjustment settings
- We provided fully re-bindable controls with multiple bindings per action, including right and left handed default settings
- We implemented controller support so that players can instantly switch between gamepad and traditional keyboard and mouse setups