Strictly no agencies
These are full time positions based in either Birmingham or Middlesbrough.
We are always keen to receive expressions of interest for this position and we will review all applications as and when we receive them.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Helping create beautiful games
- Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interest in graphics technology into practice
- Becoming a champion for graphics and visual effects within the company
- Joining a development team with over 10 years average experience that has remained unchanged for the past 2.5 years
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Graphics Programmer at Double Eleven!
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to, our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
This role requires you to be highly skilled, not necessarily highly experienced. Either way, expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to being highly skilled, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Implement graphical rendering techniques and effects, and supporting tools and technology
- Work closely with other departments to create or improve art asset creation and workflow
- Sharing of graphics knowledge with other members of the programming team
- The ability to work with older / other graphics engines and update them to use modern rendering techniques
- Work as part of a small but perfectly formed close-knit team, where your opinion and efforts count
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Enthusiasm for graphics programming, technologies and methods and a desire to keep up to date
- At least one shipped console or PC title or demonstrable expertise in the field
- Expert knowledge of vertex and pixel shader programming
- Knowledgeable in a variety of special FX techniques
- Excellent knowledge of graphics pipelines and hardware
- Excellent C/C++ programming knowledge
- Excellent maths skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs such as Direct3D, OpenGL
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- 4 years+ professional programming experience considered a bonus
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as Unity, UE4
- Knowledge and experience of the Universal Windows Platform
- An interest in games
- All relevant qualifications considered
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and annual potential annual
- performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite and state of the art kitchen (Middlesbrough studio)
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Birmingham. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven have focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) and most recently Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back to you once we have reviewed your application.