Strictly No Agencies
This is a full-time position
We are looking to grow our highly experienced, highly technical team with a full-time Graphics Programmer.
Would you enjoy
- Helping create beautiful games
- Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interest in graphics technology into practice
- Becoming a champion for graphics and visual effects within the company
- Joining a development team with over 10 years average experience that has remained unchanged for the past 2.5 years
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Graphics Programmer at Double Eleven!
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to, our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
This role requires you to be highly skilled, not necessarily highly experienced. Either way, expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to being highly skilled, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Implement graphical rendering techniques and effects, and supporting tools and technology
- Work closely with other departments to create or improve art asset creation and workflow
- Sharing of graphics knowledge with other members of the programming team
- The ability to work with older / other graphics engines and update them to use modern rendering techniques
- Work as part of a small but perfectly formed close-knit team, where your opinion and efforts count
Key skills required:
- Enthusiasm for graphics programming, technologies and methods and a desire to keep up to date
- At least one shipped console or PC title or demonstrable expertise in the field
- Expert knowledge of vertex and pixel shader programming
- Knowledgeable in a variety of special FX techniques
- Excellent knowledge of graphics pipelines and hardware
- Excellent C/C++ programming knowledge
- Excellent maths skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs such as Direct3D, OpenGL
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- 4 years+ professional programming experience considered a bonus
Skills or interests considered a bonus
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as Unity, UE4
- Knowledge and experience of the Universal Windows Platform
- An interest in games
- All relevant qualifications considered
Working at Double Eleven
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Relation allowance and support
- Vitality Private Health
- Personal development plan
- Christmas bonuses
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house
- Cycle scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome people from all walks of life.
What We Do
Formed in 2009, we are a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment. Our most popular titles include PixelJunk series (PC), Goat Simulator (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4) and most recently the critically acclaimed Prison Architect Xbox, PS4 and Xbox 360 Editions.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.