Strictly no agencies
This is a full time position based in Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur.
Applications close 28th February 2020.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Leading and motivating a team of talented Artists
- Delivering immersive content and creating the highest quality assets
- The responsibility to drive further the development of a strong team
- Become a champion and push visual fidelity within the company
If so, you may be interested in becoming our Lead Artist at Double Eleven Malaysia.
We are fundamentally different in the way that we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
- Lead the artistic team in the development of high-quality environments and assets
- Participate in the scheduling of his part of the project and maintain planning foresight
- Maintains effective information flow to the team to ensure the team members are aligned with the project objectives
- Provide regular review and feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner
- Encourage creativity and participation from all team members
- Maintain efficient collaboration between the team members and other dependent teams
- Maintain a close working relationship with your direct manager, producers, leads, and other teams to push project quality
- Actively participate in the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines
- Share knowledge and recommend best practices in your area of operation
- Ensure that produced and integrated assets respect the artistic vision of the game and meet the quality standards
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Extensive experience as an artist with multiple shipped titles displayed in a strong, relevant, digital portfolio
- Previous experience as a Senior or Lead Artist in the games industry
- Experience with: 3DMax, Maya, or equivalent, (Maya preferred)
- Experienced with Photoshop or other 2D software
- Experience working in varied art styles.
- Experience with popular game engines, preferably Unity / Unreal.
- Experience with shaders and real-time rendering pipelines.
- PBR workflow experience (Substance Painter / Designer)
- Visual art skills, e.g. illustration, graphic design,
- VFX experience
- Strong observation and research skills
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of the video game development processes.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals
- Experience working in an Agile workflow
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Unreal / Unity experience / Blueprints / Python / C#
- Animation knowledge
- UI experience
- ZBrush or other sculpting software experience
- Shader creation (Substance designer/shader forge etc)
- Degree level / HND or Art related qualification
- A portfolio that demonstrates the potential to meet the industry-standard level of art.
- 6+ years of industry experience and previous Senior or lead roles. Having completed a full production cycle on a published game title.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses
- Awesome office facilities
- On site parking
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with head office located in Middlesbrough and other studios in Kuala Lumpur and Birmingham. Current studio projects include Minecraft Dungeons (2020), Rust Console (2020) and Prison Architect (PC & Console). As an independent publisher, Double Eleven have focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch) and Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.