Strictly no agencies
This is a full time position based in our Middlesbrough studio.
Currently Double Eleven is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our top priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff. We will provide you with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
As a Lead Online Developer at Double Eleven, your role will be to lead our small and exciting online team, developing and coordinating cloud architecture. You will work closely with production and our game development teams to build incredible experiences for players around the world.
This role requires you to be passionate for and knowledgeable of online technologies. Our expectations are high given our reputation in the industry, and our desire for high-performance creativity. We place great emphasis on integrity, team solidarity and hard work, while being proud of our commitment to work life balance and providing a fantastic place to work alongside frameworks to excel.
We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and while experience in video game development is desirable it is not a necessity.
- Leading a small but perfectly formed close-knit team of online developers.
- Developing and coordinating cloud architecture
- Defining the online frameworks and methodologies used, leading technical design and documentation of the online features
- Take shared ownership for the quality and stability of our game servers and backend infrastructure
- Work with DevOps / LiveOps to fix any issues that arise
- Work with other departments to implement features that may be requested from time to time
- Experienced with Node.js
- Experienced with PostgreSQL
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean
- Experienced with load balancing and scaling
- Knowledge of Agile development and workflows
- Ubuntu or other Unix-like systems
- Experience profiling and optimising (network, CPU, memory, IO)
Nice to have
- Experience of TCP and UDP network programming
- Experience of PSN/XBL/Steam/Switch platform services
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Any game development experience
- An interest in games
All relevant qualifications considered
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and annual potential annual performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio)
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) Crackdown 3 (Windows 10) and most recently brought Minecraft Dungeons (Switch, PS4 & Xbox One) to players around the world in partnership with Mojang and Microsoft.
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
From development and business development, marketing to distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.