Strictly no agencies
These are full time positions based in either Birmingham or Middlesbrough.
We are always keen to receive expressions of interest for this position and we will review all applications as and when we receive them.
Would you enjoy:
- Helping to create beautiful games.
- Working on our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases.
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interests in games into practice.
- Joining a development team with over 10 years of average experience that has remained unchanged for the past 4 years.
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Lead Programmer at Double Eleven!
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
We are looking for an experienced and/or highly skilled individual. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Take control of a project and work with an established team to tackle a wide variety of coding tasks, including graphics rendering pipelines, physics, networking, gameplay, UI, AI and optimisation.
- Manage the project code team, assign out tasks and track their progress.
- Assist and mentor junior programmers, oversee the quality of their work.
- Work closely with other departments to create or improve art asset creation and workflow.
- Share knowledge with other members of the programming team.
- The ability to work with more established graphics engines and update them regarding the use of modern rendering techniques.
- Work as part of a small but perfectly formed close-knit team, where your opinion and efforts really count.
Key skills required:
- Ability to manage a small team of programmers.
- Enthusiasm for programming, technologies and methods and a desire to keep up to date.
- Expert knowledge of the development process and the tools used.
- Excellent C/C++ programming knowledge.
- Excellent math skills.
- An interest in games.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Two or more years of industry experience in a lead or senior programmer role.
- At least two shipped console or PC titles.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of at least one core discipline (Graphics, Physics, Networking, gameplay/AI).
- Experience in profiling and optimization techniques.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
Skills or interests considered a bonus:
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as Unity, UE4.
- Knowledge and experience of the Universal Windows Platform.
- Knowledge in a variety of special FX techniques.
- Knowledge of graphics pipelines and hardware.
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as C#, LUA, Python etc.
- Knowledge of project management software (such as Hansoft or Jira).
- All relevant qualifications considered
Working at Double Eleven:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and annual potential annual performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio)
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Birmingham. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven have focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) and most recently Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.