Strictly no agencies
Would you enjoy:
- Helping create beautiful games
- Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases
- Experience delivering projects using C++, C# and related technologies
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Software Engineer at Double Eleven.
We are looking for experienced and highly skilled individuals. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
- Design, develop, write, test and implement systems and game code.
- Test and refine game-play features and systems throughout development.
- Estimate tasks and deliver high quality code to that schedule.
- Perform code reviews with the development team to ensure code quality.
- Help develop technical design specifications.
- Work with designers, artists and publishing as required to create the highest possible quality titles
Key skills required:
- At least 2 years of industry experience.
- Self-motivated with a positive mental attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code.
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
Skills or interests considered a bonus:
- Knowledge of C++ is considered a major benefit.
- Strong maths skills.
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as UE4.
- Experience with post-launch ongoing product development and delivery.
- Continuous integration and build automation experience.
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- A love of games.
- A portfolio of extra-curricular or hobbyist projects.
- All relevant qualifications considered
Working at Double Eleven:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite and state of the art kitchen (Middlesbrough studio).
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
- Potential relocation package.
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Birmingham. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) and most recently Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.