Strictly no agencies. This is a full time position, based in Middlesbrough. Closing date 30th June
Would you enjoy
- Helping to create beautiful games.
- Working on our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases.
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interest in games into practice.
- Joining a development team with over 10 years of average experience that has remained unchanged for the past 4 years in our Middlesbrough studio.
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Network Programmer at Double Eleven!
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and from what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
We are looking for experienced and/or highly skilled individuals. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
This role requires you to be highly skilled and knowledgeable with the latest online technologies. Our expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to being highly skilled, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity. Experience in video game development is desirable but not a necessity.
- Work as part of a small but perfectly formed close-knit team, where your opinion and efforts count.
- Take shared ownership for the quality and stability of our game servers and back end infrastructure.
- Work with Dev Ops/Live Ops to fix any issues that arise.
- Work with other departments to implement features that may be requested from time to time.
- Experienced Node.js developer
- Experienced PostgreSQL programmer
- Experience with AWS (especially EC2, RDS, S3, IAM)
- Ubuntu or other Unix-like systems
- PSN/XBL/Steam/Switch platform services
- Packer and Vagrant
Skills or interests considered a bonus
- Knowledge and experience of game engines such as Unity, UE4
- Any game development experience
- An interest in games
All relevant qualifications considered
Working at Double Eleven
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and annual potential annual performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio)
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
What we do
Formed in 2009, we are a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment. Our most popular titles include PixelJunk series (PC), Goat Simulator (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4) and most recently the critically acclaimed Prison Architect Xbox, PS4 and Xbox 360 Editions.
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.