Strictly no agencies
These are full time positions based in Middlesbrough.
We are always keen to receive expressions of interest for this position and we will review all applications as and when we receive them.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Helping to create beautiful games.
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interest in games into practice.
- Joining an established development team in our Middlesbrough studio.
If so, you may be interested in becoming an Online Services Developer at Double Eleven!
We are looking for experienced and/or highly skilled individuals. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry.
This role requires you to be highly skilled and knowledgeable with the latest online technologies, you will be responsible for developing, extending and optimising a range of custom online services across multiple titles. You will also work to establish new and improved development and operational processes. Our expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to being highly skilled, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity. Experience in video game development is desirable but not a necessity.
- Work as part of a small but perfectly formed close-knit team, where your opinion and efforts count.
- Take shared ownership for the quality and stability of our game servers and back end infrastructure.
- Work with support teams to fix any issues that arise.
- Work with other departments to implement features that may be requested from time to time.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experienced Node.js developer.
- Experienced PostgreSQL programmer.
- Experience with AWS (especially EC2, RDS, S3, IAM).
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Ubuntu or other Unix-like systems.
- PSN/XBL/Steam/Switch platform services.
- Packer and Vagrant.
- Knowledge and experience of game engines such as Unity, UE4.
- Any game development experience.
- An interest in games.
All relevant qualifications considered
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite and state of the art kitchen (Middlesbrough studio).
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
- Potential relocation package.
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Birmingham. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) and most recently Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back to you once we have reviewed your application.