Strictly no agencies
This is a full-time University placement for 1 year.
Applications close March 13th 2020
We’re offering a year-long industrial placement, at our head office in Middlesbrough, to University students currently studying an Art/Animation or related degree.
Our animation placements involve giving you the opportunity to work with and learn from industry veterans to help push your skills and talent to the next level. Deliver, with support, 2D and 3D animations for our projects and ensure the work is in-line with the projects technical and artistic direction.
We like to see students who’ve gone beyond the requirements of their course: we’re happy to look at examples of your own projects and portfolios, so feel free to include them with your application.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to, our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
This role requires a good level of skill and enthusiasm. Our expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to being skilled, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Create gameplay animation 2D or 3D that matches the visual style of the game
- Implement animation assets into the game engine and iterate as appropriate
- Creating cutscene animations
- Able to collaborate with other team members to establish, test and refine the animations
- Proactively work with designers to deliver on gameplay functionality while achieving aesthetic goals.
- Work with our concept artists to bring to life their vision.
- Adhere to the aesthetic and technical standards set by the Art leads.
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Good knowledge of 2D and 3D animation techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Artistic skills: storyboarding, gesture drawing
- Ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines
- Working knowledge of 2D / 3D animation packages
- An understanding of composition and visual storytelling
- A basic understanding of cinematography, pre-visualisation
- A passion for videogames
Any additional qualifications that may be considered a bonus.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite and state of the art kitchen (Middlesbrough studio).
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with head office located in Middlesbrough and other studios in Kuala Lumpur and Birmingham. Current studio projects include Minecraft Dungeons (2020), Rust Console (2020) and Prison Architect (PC & Console). As an independent publisher, Double Eleven have focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch) and Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.