Strictly no agencies
These are full time positions based in either Birmingham or Middlesbrough.
We are always keen to receive expressions of interest for this position and we will review all applications as and when we receive them.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Playing a key role in the creation of beautiful games.
- Joining a company in a very senior, decision making capacity.
- Working with structure but having the creative freedom to work in white space.
- Shaping the way we grow our business and become better at what we do.
- Working with a team that has a great reputation in the industry, only works on projects where it can do a great job and continues to grow.
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Producer at Double Eleven.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and from what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
We are looking for a highly experienced and driven individual to fill this challenging but very rewarding role. While you don’t have to come from the games industry you need to have experience working in an internal production role where you’ve managed development teams in the creation and delivery of a complex software product. Bonus points if you have a relevant qualification to back it up. People would describe you as a coordinator of people and things, with strong rationale for all of your decisions.
Expectations are very high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Be a strategic lead in terms of day to day time management and facilitation of all the processes involved in creating games.
- Take operational control of projects and work with established teams to tackle a wide variety of tasks, providing leadership, quality assurance and mentorship where needed.
- Completely own communication of a project, within the team, between teams and to all external stakeholders in methods and manners commensurate with the party or individuals.
- Ensure our people feel empowered to carry out the work at hand by ensuring there is an achievable schedule, and the team has the resources they need to deliver on time and at a high quality level.
- Work with the senior management team and partners on budget setting, project planning, decision making and agreeing deliverable content.
- Formulate and share best practices with other members of the company.
- Hansoft task, bug entry, and maintenance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as defined by the studio manager.
- Be an ambassador of our company and our values to partners, the general public or anyone else we engage with on our journey.
- Help create and deliver game pitches.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Project management skills – initiating, managing and closing software projects.
- Ability to mediate and arbitrate discussions, getting the right people in the room when needed.
- Excellent communicator in both content and tone through a variety of methods; online, face to face, presentation or written.
- Meticulous attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Ability to motivate and able to lead by example.
- Excellent time management, multitasking skills and the ability to process complex information efficiently.
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- A strong interest in games or gaming technologies.
- Business management experience.
- Relevant degree qualification.
- Programming or other technical experience.
- Strong general knowledge of the video game production process – ideally a comprehensive end-to-end oversight from within the industry.
- Experience working on titles or projects with live operations.
- Experience with SCRUM or AGILE methodologies.
All relevant qualifications considered.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio).
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
- Potential relocation package.
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Birmingham. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) and most recently Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.