Strictly no agencies
This is a full-time position based in the Middlesbrough office
Applications close 30th September 2020.Currently Double Eleven is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our top priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff. We will provide you with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
Double Eleven are looking for a QA Manager to lead our UK and Malaysian team of QA Testers, Engineers and Leads. This position will set the standards and develop our strategy for building a world class QA team and help us to develop our fantastic team into one of the best in the industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all backgrounds and walks of life. If you are coming from outside of the games industry (but within software) we welcome speculative discussions.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Establishing company wide standards of quality assurance and ensuring that all processes, methods, activities and work items are compliant
- Applying your accumulated professional knowledge, experiences and formal qualifications in a rapidly growing company keen to make investments in infrastructure and people where you say it matters
- Building and scaling an international team of quality assurance testers, engineers and leads
WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS:
A proven leader in quality assurance testing with a demonstrated ability to build teams, who is metrics driven and a continual professional learner, very comfortable with the underlying fundamentals of QA/testing tools and technologies. You’re someone who has a background and passion for being able to understand best practices and processes from wider software development and would like to apply them to video games.
- Develop and own the strategy for the QA team
- Ensure all Double Eleven projects are quality managed to the highest standard on time and on budget
- End to end responsibility for designing, managing and monitoring our company testing life cycle; requirements analysis, test planning, test case development, test environment setup, execution and closure
- Ownership and accountability for metrics to measure game software quality
- Evaluate costs and requirements for new projects
- Line management of departmental leads
- Own the career progression pathways for all members of the quality assurance team, creating new opportunities beyond manual testing
- Mentor and develop our leaders and testers as needed within the QA team
- Ownership of the roadmap for tools and techniques used in QA at Double Eleven
- Initiate, design and project manage the development of tools, automated tests or processes
- Planning in conjunction with other disciplines such as Production, Development, Art and Audio
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to plan and resource projects appropriately
- Regular reporting on progress against plan, QA performance and quality
- Design assessments, selection criteria and conduct interviews for quality assurance testers, engineers and leads
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Understanding of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Knowledge of project delivery methodologies such as Lean, Agile and Waterfall
- Ability to think analytically
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Hands on experience with test automation tools
- Excellent organiser and leader
- Knowledge of current trends and latest advancements in tools and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience leading QA teams in a highly technical environment
- Experience improving business processes and systems to streamline processes and reduce costs
- Experience of working to quality assurance KPIs
- Expert level knowledge of all phases of the testing lifecycle and relevant software
- Experience planning and delivering high quality QA to a technology focused SME
- Experience partnering with large scale external organisations, integrating your work successfully with theirs
- Experience with a variety of project management and reporting tools
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Background in/passion for games and gaming
- Background in a DevOps environment
- Experience with maintaining software code quality and familiarity with code analysers
- Hands-on experience with coding Automated Tests using one or more automation tools including Appium, gamedriver.io, Selenium, REST-assured, ChroPath, Microsoft Playwright
- Degree in software engineering or equivalent
All relevant qualifications considered.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio).
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
- Potential relocation package.
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) Crackdown 3 (Windows 10) and most recently brought Minecraft Dungeons (Switch, PS4 & Xbox One) to players around the world in partnership with Mojang and Microsoft.
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
From development and business development, marketing to distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.