Strictly no agencies
This is a full-time role, on a 6-month rolling contract
Applications close 21st February 2020.
We are pleased to announce we are looking for QA Testers to join our highly experienced team here at Double Eleven.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Working in the constantly innovating business end of a video game developer and publisher
- Being part of a very small team where your actions and results are recognised immediately
- Being trusted to work independently to the highest standard
If so, you may be interested in becoming a QA Tester!
We are fundamentally different in the way that we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
Expectations are very high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- QA testing titles for issues and defects.
- Effectively communicating defects to the development team and entering bugs into our bug tracking database.
- Working closely with the development team to help them with specific tests.
- Carefully and thoroughly documenting all software defects.
- Work closely with QA Lead, Build Supervisor and development team throughout the product lifecycle.
- Assisting other QA members on projects as needed.
- Such other responsibilities which are required from time to time.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent self-management and organisational abilities.
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively.
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment.
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Previous Testing experience within a development environment.
- Skill/experience in any other area of game development and/or strong IT knowledge.
- Knowledge of project management software such as Hansoft, Testrail, Jira, TFS.
All relevant qualifications considered.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite and state of the art kitchen.
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
ABOUT US/WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with head office located in Middlesbrough and other studios in Kuala Lumpur and Birmingham. Current studio projects include Minecraft Dungeons (2020), Rust Console (2020) and Prison Architect (PC & Console). As an independent publisher, Double Eleven have focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch) and Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.