Strictly no agencies
This is a full time position based in Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Taking lead of a highly dedicated and passionate team
- Creating and managing QA systems, services and processes for our internal studio and external teams
- Being trusted to deliver builds of the highest standard for some of the best, most varied games in the industry to our platform partners
- Being able to focus on just being a great QA Lead and build a lifelong career for yourself; taking best practice from other software sectors and making your team exemplar for the games industry
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Quality Assurance Lead at Double Eleven Malaysia.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and from what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
- Be responsible for planning, directing and leading our QA team and communicating with external teams
- Task assignment, team co-ordination, monitoring the team’s progress and reporting to production and QA Management on progress throughout the testing cycle.
- Set priorities and drive test planning, test design, scheduling and execution to agreed milestones and quality standards using appropriate techniques and methodologies
- Define and create test frameworks and processes for our games
- Write and implement test cases within these test frameworks
- Work with our developers to ensure testing is highly efficient
- Investigate root causes of bugs and coordinate the needed analysis, driving corrective action through to the development and design teams
- Define and report against build quality and team coverage, ensuring the use of appropriate measurement, analysis and reporting
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative approaches and technologies
- High level and weekly planning of workload based on content delivery and staff availability
- Effective use of test hours and resources; identifying risks that affect project goals and escalating to management
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Confident, thorough and articulate communicator; both written and orally
- Great planning skills
- Excellent self-management and organisational abilities
- Second to none for attention to detail
- Genuine problem solver; no problems, just opportunities
- Ability to work as part of your own team
- Has lead or helped to lead a QA team of at least four people, for at least one year from start to finish
- Has had QA experience on at least 3 console titles
- Has written and implemented test frameworks
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- A strong interest in games or gaming technologies.
- Proficiency in functional and structural testing methodologies
All relevant qualifications considered.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses
- Awesome office facilities
- On site parking
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with head office located in Middlesbrough and other studios in Kuala Lumpur and Birmingham. Current studio projects include Minecraft Dungeons (2020), Rust Console (2020) and Prison Architect (PC & Console). As an independent publisher, Double Eleven have focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch) and Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.