Strictly no agencies
This is a full-time position based in the Middlesbrough office.
Applications close 30th November 2019.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Playing a key role in the creation of beautiful games art
- Joining a company in a creative capacity
- Shaping the way we grow our business and become better at what we do
- Working closely with a talented team of artists and producers to create visually stunning content
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Senior 3D Artist at Double Eleven.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and from what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it is paid, and from time to time we also offer voluntary out-of-hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
The ideal candidate should have a striking portfolio demonstrating an exceptional eye for detail, creative flair, up to date knowledge and experience with the latest techniques including sculpting to game ready workflow, PBR pipeline, and current game editor experience such as Unreal and Unity. A strong technical background is important with the ability to catch potential problems early and implement processes to get the best results for the team and project. You should be eager to learn and develop your skills alongside an exceptionally talented team.
- Working alongside the Art Manager and project leads the candidate will be working on our current production projects and will form part of the highly skilled art team (environment, characters, props).
- Create high quality realistic and stylized next gen, current gen, mobile ready game-art
- Sculpt and model high and low polygon assets and texture them through PBR pipeline
- Ensure assets created follow the given art direction, and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications
- Work with Junior members of the team and give constructive feedback and offer help and motivation.
- Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, and an ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind those decisions.
- Internally driven and proactive, deep passion for establishing and maintaining great visual content
- Exceptional 3D Modelling and Texture creation skills.
- Experience with 3DMax, Maya, or equivalent, (Maya preferred)
- Experienced with 2D Art (Photoshop)
- Development experience on a variety of platforms.
- Experience with popular game engines, preferably Unity / Unreal.
- Experience with shaders and real-time rendering pipelines.
- PBR workflow experience (Substance Painter / Designer)
- Other visual art skills, e.g. illustration, graphic design, VFX
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing effective collaboration with teams
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Strong observation and research skills
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of the video game development processes.
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Unreal / Unity Scripting experience / Blueprints
- Maya MEL / Python knowledge
- Animation experience
- Shader creation (Substance Designer)
- Degree level / HND or art-related qualification.
- Minimum 5+ year’s industry experience and at least 1 shipped title on Console / PC
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio).
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
- Potential relocation package.
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Birmingham. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) and most recently Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
At Double Eleven, the creativity of our workforce is the driving force in the values we hold. From project development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.