Strictly no agencies.
This is a full-time opportunity based in our offices in Middlesbrough, UK
Be the first eyes on a project to remaster an existing title or bring it to a new platform, laying the groundwork for the rest of the team to hit the ground running. You need to quickly get to grips with how the game has been written and how its main systems work. You may need to convert assets to new formats, adapt code for a different compiler, or perhaps upgrade from old middle-ware.
You’ll need a broad knowledge of all components of a game, and a wide variety of debugging strategies and a lot of patience to overcome hurdles one by one until you get on-screen results on the target platform. You will need to communicate your findings and ease your colleagues into the necessary workflows so that they can start to contribute too. Once the basics are up and running you will need to upgrade and augment existing systems, or introduce cutting edge technology, to achieve the new levels of performance and user experience that a remaster demands.
- Design, develop, write, test and implement systems and game code
- Test and refine gameplay features and systems throughout development
- Estimate tasks and deliver high-quality code to that schedule
- Perform code reviews with the dev team to ensure code quality
- Working on support issues with middleware providers
- Programming outside of porting when relevant
- Work with designers, artists, and publishing as required to create the highest possible quality titles
- At least 4 years of professional experience working in C++
- Self-motivated with a positive mental attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Excellent debugging skills
- Ability to find and correct memory leaks & stomps ( scribbles )
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
Skills, experience or interests considered a bonus
- Strong maths skills
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as Unity, UE4
- Experience with post-launch ongoing product development and delivery
- Continuous integration and build automation experience
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development
- Experience with low-level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- A love of games
- A portfolio of extra-curricular or hobbyist projects
Working at Double Eleven
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Relocation support
- Personal development plan
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- Christmas bonuses
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room
- Regular title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Cycle scheme
What We Do
Formed in 2009, we are a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment. Our most popular titles include PixelJunk series (PC), Goat Simulator (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4) and the critically acclaimed Prison Architect Xbox, PS4 and Xbox 360 Editions. In 2017 we released Songbringer (Xbox One Play Anywhere, PlayStation 4) and Super Cloudbuilt (Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC), as well as completing work on third-party titles such as Lego Star Wars 64 bit update for iOS.
In 2017, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome people from all walks of life.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role.