Strictly no agencies
These are full time positions based in either Birmingham or Middlesbrough.
We are always keen to receive expressions of interest for this position and we will review all applications as and when we receive them.
Be the first eyes on a project to remaster an existing title or bring it to a new platform, laying the groundwork for the rest of the team to hit the ground running. You need to quickly get to grips with how the game has been written and how its main systems work. You may need to convert assets to new formats, adapt code for a different compiler, or perhaps upgrade from old middle-ware.
You’ll need a broad knowledge of all components of a game, and a wide variety of debugging strategies and a lot of patience to overcome hurdles one by one until you get on-screen results on the target platform. You will need to communicate your findings and ease your colleagues into the necessary workflows so that they can start to contribute too. Once the basics are up and running you will need to upgrade and augment existing systems, or introduce cutting edge technology, to achieve the new levels of performance and user experience that a remaster demands.
- Design, develop, write, test and implement systems and game code
- Test and refine gameplay features and systems throughout development
- Estimate tasks and deliver high-quality code to that schedule
- Perform code reviews with the dev team to ensure code quality
- Working on support issues with middleware providers
- Programming outside of porting when relevant
- Work with designers, artists, and publishing as required to create the highest possible quality titles
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least 4 years of professional experience working in C++
- Self-motivated with a positive mental attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Excellent debugging skills
- Ability to find and correct memory leaks & stomps ( scribbles )
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Strong maths skills
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as Unity, UE4
- Experience with post-launch ongoing product development and delivery
- Continuous integration and build automation experience
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development
- Experience with low-level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- A love of games
- A portfolio of extra-curricular or hobbyist projects
All relevant qualifications considered.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and annual potential annual performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio)
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Birmingham. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven have focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) and most recently Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.