Strictly no agencies
These are full time positions based in either Birmingham or Middlesbrough.
Closing date 31st May 2019
Senior Technology Programmer (Console)
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games.
- Working on our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases.
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interest in games into practice.
- Joining a development team with over 10 years of average experience that has remained unchanged for the past 4 years in our Middlesbrough studio.
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Senior Technology Programmer at Double Eleven!
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and from what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
We are looking for experienced and/or highly skilled individuals. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
Double Eleven are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Technology Programmer to join our new studio in central Birmingham, or possibly our HQ in Middlesbrough. You’ll be fluent in C++, have exceptional maths skills and be well versed in low level libraries on PlayStation and/or Xbox platforms. You’ll be working in a wide variety of engine related areas, including abstracting low level APIs, improving and refining all areas of core tech, and developing completely new state of the art systems from scratch. You’ll also be developing tools and working with other members of the team, and you will possess a natural desire to ensure we remain at the cutting edge with regards to our engine technology. You’ll possess excellent communication skills and ideally be open to mentoring other members of the team.
- Designing, developing and enhancing various components of our proprietary engine and associated tools.
- Writing and optimising low level engine code on multiple platforms.
- Assisting with performance tuning and ensuring we remain within target frame time and memory budgets on all platforms.
- Helping to maintain a robust and cohesive engine API and tool chain, ensuring the game programmers, designers and artists have the tools they need to continue to make amazing games.
- Working with, supporting and mentoring a small team of programmers.
- Collaborating effectively with all areas of the business.
- You should be fluent in C++, be familiar with the C++17 standard, and possess a solid grasp of advanced principles such as template meta-programming.
- You should have a solid grasp of at least one low level graphics API.
- You should possess expert knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Networking & Server Infrastructure, Audio, Graphics, Console System APIs.
- Exceptional maths skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work within a team.
- Must have experience writing low level engine code on at least one current/next gen console.
- Very logical thinker.
- You’ll have at least two published console titles, and will have taken a senior role in the development of proprietary engine code.
Skills or interests considered a bonus
- Previous experience with mentoring other members of a team is a bonus.
All relevant qualifications considered.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and annual potential annual performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio)
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
WHAT WE DO
Formed in 2009, we are a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment. Our most popular titles include PixelJunk series (PC), Goat Simulator (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4) and most recently the critically acclaimed Prison Architect Xbox, PS4 and Xbox 360 Editions.
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.