This is a full time, fixed term student placement position based in Middlesbrough
Strictly no agencies
Closing date 31st May 2019
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious individual for a 12 month placement opportunity at Double Eleven. You will be given the opportunity to work with and learn from industry veterans to help push your skills to the next level, supporting and maintaining the technical infrastructure that supports development within the company and amongst external contractors.
This is a workplace learning opportunity, geared towards gap year students.
Would you enjoy?
- Supporting the production of beautiful games.
- Expanding your technical knowledge
- Gaining valuable workplace experience
- Working alongside industry key-players
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Technical Support Assistant at Double Eleven.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out-of-hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
This role requires you to be highly skilled, not necessarily highly experienced. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry and we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Provide instructions to staff or clients (face-to-face or over the phone) regarding remedial actions, system set-up and resolution of any issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Carry out basic IT repairs and maintenance, including installing replacement machine parts as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Support the rollout of new applications.
- Set up new user accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Respond within agreed time limits to callouts.
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with other professionals, such as software developers and quality assurance.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Wire and run network and other computer related cable management.
skills and knowledge:
- The ability to think logically.
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Problem solving skills.
- A strong customer focus.
- The ability to prioritise your workload.
- Attention to detail.
Double Eleven is a UK-based, full-service publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment and winner of the “Gamesindustry.biz Best Places to Work UK” 2017 & 2018.
Some of Double Eleven’s most popular titles include Limbo, Goat Simulator, Little Big Planet, Crackdown 3, and Prison Architect.
Benefits of working here
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Christmas bonuses.
- 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- Additional leave for birthdays and moving house.
- Amazing office facilities; VR / 4k Cinema room, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room.
Please email [email protected], including a copy of your CV and setting out how you believe that you are suited for the role.