Strictly no agencies
These are full time positions based in either Birmingham or Middlesbrough.
We are always keen to receive expressions of interest for this position and we will review all applications as and when we receive them.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Helping to create beautiful games.
- Working on our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases.
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interest in games into practice.
- Joining a development team with over 10 years of average experience that has remained unchanged for the past 4 years in our Middlesbrough studio.
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Technology Programmer at Double Eleven!
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and from what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
We are looking for experienced and/or highly skilled individuals. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
Double Eleven are looking for a talented Technology Programmer to join our new studio in central Birmingham or possibly our HQ in Middlesbrough. You’ll be fluent in C++, have exceptional maths skills and be very comfortable working with low level libraries on PlayStation and/or Xbox platforms. You’ll be working in a wide variety of engine related areas, including abstracting low level APIs, improving and refining all areas of core tech, and developing and enhancing new state of the art systems. You’ll also be developing and maintaining tools and you will possess a keen desire to ensure we remain at the cutting edge with regards to our engine technology. You will be working closely with other members of the development team, and you’ll possess excellent communication skills.
- Developing and enhancing various components of our proprietary engine and associated tools.
- Writing robust and efficient low level engine code on multiple platforms.
- Assisting with performance tuning and optimisations on all platforms.
- Helping to maintain a robust and cohesive engine API and tool chain, ensuring the game programmers, designers and artists have the tools they need to continue to make amazing games.
- Working with and supporting a small team of programmers.
- Collaborating effectively with all areas of the business.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- You should be fluent in C++, ideally be familiar with the C++17 standard, and be comfortable working with advanced principles such as template meta-programming.
- You should have experience working with at least one low level graphics API.
- You should possess a solid understanding in at least one of the following areas: Networking & Server Infrastructure, Audio, Graphics, Console System APIs.
- Exceptional maths skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work within a team.
- Must have experience writing low level engine code on at least one current/next gen console.
- Very logical thinker.
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- You’ll ideally have at least one published console title, and will have had a significant role in the development of proprietary engine code.
All relevant qualifications considered.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio).
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
- Potential relocation package.
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Birmingham. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) and most recently Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Double Eleven is a name to describe the people that create all the value. From development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.