Strictly no agencies
This is a full-time position based in the Middlesbrough office.
Applications close 30th November 2019.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Playing the key role of UI Artist where you will apply your passion for designing and illustrating beautiful interfaces and production assets
- Helping us to define new interactive content
- Joining the company in a creative capacity
- Working closely with a talented team of designers, producers and artists
If so, you may be interested in becoming a UI Artist at Double Eleven.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and from what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it is paid, and from time to time we also offer voluntary out-of-hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable creating blue sky concepts as well as pixel-perfect design and specs. You must balance a passion for storytelling, gaming and creating emotionally resonant designs with a desire to understand user behaviour and success through data and consumer insights. Ideally, you can collaborate with content creators and help them understand good user experience and interface design. You can provide clear, candid feedback about designs to internal and external teams and care immensely about both the visual details and usability. Above all, you have deep expertise designing visually rich and stylistically diverse interfaces
As a UI Artist, you are the driving force behind all our User Interface visuals. Your talent and attention to detail will be guiding our players through the game with crystal clarity and beautiful 2D and 3D artwork. You will be able to work within a small team of like-minded individuals and communicate your passion for games through stunning visuals and graphic design.
In a company that thrives on its user-interfaces, you will be pushing the boundaries with high-fidelity games to deliver the best gaming experiences in a fast-moving market.
- Work closely with the art and design team to concept, experiment, explore and develop a wide variety of game UI style and assets, including buttons, icons, frames and menu designs.
- Create and work within a broad range of styles from bright casual games to hardcore gaming genres.
- Design stunningly polished User Interface art assets that are flexible and efficient, to a high quality and in a variety of styles.
- Iterate and refine designs and assets to continually adapt to market trends and visual styles.
- Work with the publishing team to create store-ready sales and promotional art assets.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent visual design skills with regard to colour theory, shapes, layout and typography with great sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, and an ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind those decisions.
- Internally driven and proactive, with a deep passion for establishing and maintaining great user experiences and stunning visual design.
- 2D and 3D illustrative ability both freehand and technical vector art skillsets with talent using 3D packages for developing rendered icons and visuals.
- Proactive in learning and developing your skills to the next level.
- Development experience on a variety of platforms including console and PC
- Experience in animation and special effects (After Effects / Flash or similar).
- Advanced knowledge using Adobe Suite (After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Experience using Unity / Unreal UI engines.
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Experience with creating marketing assets, working from creative briefs.
- An interest in marketing and advertising trends and best practice.
- Knowledge of console platform store asset store requirements and best practice.
- Adobe XD, Framer or InVision Studio.
- Degree level / HND or art-related qualification.
- A portfolio that demonstrates the potential to meet the industry-standard level of art.
- Experience in the games or art-related industry a bonus
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio).
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
- Potential relocation package.
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Birmingham. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) and most recently Crackdown 3 (Windows 10).
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
At Double Eleven, the creativity of our workforce is the driving force in the values we hold. From project development to business development to marketing and distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, integrity and solidarity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people enjoy.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.